Fight TLV wanted to stand out in the martial arts crowd in Tel Aviv, make a strong first impression for newcomers, appear on Google’s first page search results, increase user sign-ups from the homepage, display all the classes on the homepage and make the schedule mobile friendly.
Instead of going for the clichéd “dark and gritty”, we mostly for light colors and blue as the prominent color (also because of the proximity to the sea).
The sign-up form is right under the hero header, with all the right keyword phrases and a minimal and effective, copy.
We’re also showing all the information for trainees right after: classes and schedule.
UX AND UI DESIGN
Challenge: Timetables are cumbersome on mobile
Solution: Advanced mobile-friendly timetable
Instead of using a regular table, we opted using an advanced (and free) plugin (Timetable and Event Schedule) that looks amazing on mobile.
Challenge: Minimize homepage navigation friction for newcomers
We want display classes & coaches information on the homepage without the forcing visitors to go away from the homepage.
Solution: AJAX portfolio
- Monetary: Sign ups have skyrocketed.
- Mobile friendly: Trainees now view the timetable on their smartphones.
- SEO boost: Site is now on the front page of Google when searching “Martial Arts Tel Aviv”.
Tools used to create the website
- Theme + page builder: Enfold (This is my last use of any theme from Theme Forest).
- Secure hosting provided by: WPEngine
- Multilingual plugin: WordPress multilingual
- Forms plugin: Gravity Forms
Gear used for creating the video
- Camera: Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera Body
- Lens: Interview uses Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens and the intro & B-roll use the Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
- Audio: Interview – Rode VMGO Video Mic. Me – Rode RodeLink FM Wireless Filmmaker System
- Computer: My late-2013 Apple MacBook Pro 15.4-Inch laptop