Fight TLV approached me to upgrade their website. They wanted to make a strong first impression for newcomers, appear on Google’s search results (first page if possible), increase user sign-ups from the homepage, display all the classes on the homepage and make the schedule mobile friendly.
Challenge: Timetables are cumbersome on mobile
Solution: Advanced mobile-friendly timetable
Instead of using a regular table, we opted using an advanced (and free) plugin (Timetable and Event Schedule) that looks amazing on mobile.
Challenge: Minimize homepage navigation friction for newcomers
We want display classes & coaches information on the homepage without the forcing visitors to go away from the homepage.
Solution: AJAX portfolio
UX AND UI DESIGN
Challenge: Find an effective slogan. 3 to 5 words.
Solution: We ended using the slogan: TRAIN FOR LIFE.
Challenge: Minimize sign-up friction
Solution: Keep it simple, and accessible.
Provide a free trial membership, cut the amount of fields, compact design, and add the option to call. Also, make the phone number a link.
Monetary: Sign ups have skyrocketed.
Mobile friendly: Trainees now view the timetable on their smartphones.
SEO boost: Site is now on the front page of Google when searching “Martial Arts Tel Aviv”.
Tools used to create the website
- Theme + page builder: Enfold (This is my last use of any theme from Theme Forest).
- Secure hosting provided by: WPEngine
- Multilingual plugin: WordPress multilingual
- Forms plugin: Gravity Forms
Gear used for creating the video
- Camera: Canon EOS 80D Digital SLR Camera Body
- Lens: Interview: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens Me + B-roll: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM Lens
- Audio: Interview: Rode VMGO Video Mic GO Lightweight On-Camera Microphone Super-Cardio Me: Rode RodeLink FM Wireless Filmmaker System
- Computer: My late-2013 Apple MacBook Pro 15.4-Inch laptop